Make sure to buy your skip-the-line tickets online before your visit!
Some recent contributions of the community
Vic T. waited 10 min-- 17 days
Jérôme waited 25 min-- 3 months
Quentin H. waited 20 min-- 3 months
christianmercredi dernier 11h avec nouveau système reservation-- 5 months
Christelle H.Aucune attente ce mercredi à 12h30-- 7 months
celine waited 45 min-- 8 months
annesophie – No wait-- 8 months
Thomas – No wait-- 9 months
Apolline L. – No wait-- 10 months
Lili Q. – No waitAu top!-- 10 months
Saving time by buying your tickets online is always a good idea.
The Pyramid entrance is not the only one for those without tickets, but always the one with the biggest queue. Try to enter the museum from the Carrousel du Louvre (underground shopping mall) or from the “Porte de Lions” entrance (closed on Fridays and in the evening, but when it’s open - there’s never a queue).
As Louvre is closed on Tuesday, Wednesday mornings see a higher flow of visitors. The best days to visit Louvre are Mondays and Thursdays.
In low season (from October to March), the first Sunday of each month is free: avoid it, it’s packed of tourists!
- Online tickets give direct access to the Louvre by the Passage Richelieu, without getting stuck in a queue.
- You can reserve your ticket here.
Ticket bought on-site: 15€
- Those under 18 years old;
- European/ EEC citizens between the age of 18-25;
- Disabled visitors and their carers;
- For all visitors on the 14th of July and the first Sunday of the month.
- Open Wednesday to Monday from 9:00 to 18:00.
- Night openings on Wednesdays and Fridays until 21:45.
- Rooms close around 17:30 (21:30 on Wednesday and Friday)
- Closed Tuesdays, the 1st of January, the 1st of May and the 25th of December.
Line-Free Paris Guide
Download our guide for free to avoid waiting lines in the 20 most popular tourist attractions in Paris.
Video of The Louvre Museum
Métro : Palais-Royal - Musée du Louvre (lines 1 and 7);
Bus : lines 21, 24, 27, 39, 48, 68, 69, 72, 81, 95;
Bus Open Tour : get off at the pyramid;
Car : underground car parking is available at avenue du général Lemonier, everyday from 7:00 to 23:00;
Batobus : Louvre, François Mitterrand platform.