How to skip the lines
1) Get your tickets before coming to save time and avoid the queue to the ticket offices. Check the official Universal Studios Hollywood’s website for ticket options and prices. Online tickets are also cheaper than at the ticket office so you have no reason for not buying them in advance. Plus, you will receive Early Park Admission to The Wizarding World of Harry Potter™. Early Park Admission begins one hour before the Theme Park opens.
2) Buy a “Front of Line” ticket which gives you priority access to each ride and show in the park. It can be quite expensive but it might be a good option if you really want to avoid waiting during your visit. Online prices vary a lot (from $184 to $244) depending on your selected date, so we advize you to have a look at prices in advance. Only limited quantities of Front of Line Tickets are available each day, so we recommend buying yours online in advance of arrival. Note that the VIP Experience also includes the Front of Line option.
2) Arrive early. You can manage to knock out some popular rides before the crowds arrive.
3) Eat during off-peak hours. Eat meals earlier than usual, or after the lunch rush of 11am-2pm. Same concerns the dinner rush which usually takes place between 6:30 and 8:00pm. This way, you can go on rides while everyone is eating and avoid lines when you’re ready to eat.
4) Use the “child switch” program if coming with children, too small or too scared to ride an attraction with you. One adult can wait with the child in the attraction’s Child Switch room while the other one waits in the normal line. When the adult returns from the ride, he switches with the other one who has been waiting with the child, and the other doesn’t have to wait in line again.
Online ticket prices
1-Day General Admission
- Ages 10+: $105
- Ages 3-9: $99
Valid on your selected date only.
2-Day General Admission (up to December 15)
- Ages 10+: $119
- Ages 3-9: $113
The second visit is valid within 7 days of the first visit.
1-Day Anytime Admission
- Ages 10+: $115
- Ages 3-9: $109
Valid for any one day before June 30, 2017.
1-Day Admission - Front of Line: from $184 to $244 depending on the selected date
Includes priority access to each ride and show (valid on your selected date only).
1-Day Admission - VIP Experience: from $359 depending on the selected date
Includes unlimited front-of-line access, personalized guided tour, breakfast, lunch and valet parking (valid on your selected date only).
By metro: Universal / Studio City Station (Metro Red Line)
By car: a parking is available at the entrance of the theme park - From The Los Angeles International Airport: take the 105 Freeway East to the 110 Harbor Freeway North. After passing through the downtown area, get on the 101 Hollywood Freeway North. Follow the 101 Freeway to the Universal Studios Blvd. exit. Turn right on to Universal Studios Blvd. and follow the signs to Universal Studios Hollywood. - From Hollywood: take the 101 Hollywood Freeway North to Universal Studios Blvd. Turn right onto Universal Studios Blvd. Follow signs to Universal Studios Hollywood.
- “Universal / Studio City Station” stop (lines 150/240, 155, 224, 750)
- “Lankershim / Campo De Cahuenga” stop (line 155)
- “Ventura / Lankershim” stop (lines 155, 237/656)
A pedestrian bridge located at the corner of Lankershim and Universal Hollywood Drive provides safe and easy access from the Universal City Red Line and Bus Stations to Universal Studios’ free shuttle stop without having to cross any busy intersections. The shuttle will take you directly to the main entrances of Universal Studios Hollywood and CityWalk Hollywood and bring you back to the bridge when you finish your visit.