Make sure to buy your skip-the-line tickets online to avoid waiting!
Are you planning your next travel to Russia and are you thinking of visiting the beautiful Moscow Armory Chamber? You will find here a lot of useful information: tips to avoid lines, address, mode of operation, useful links, etc. Thanks to Hurikat, you will spend a peaceful journey in the Russian capital.
|Fri 26||Sat 27||Sun 28||Mon 01||Tue 02||Wed 03||Thu 04|
Tips to avoid lines
- As the number of tickets is very limited, we strongly recommend that you purchase your tickets in advance.
- The best time to visit the Armory chamber is during the week, at the 2:30 p.m. session during which there are generally very few people.
- Avoid going to the Kremlin on Saturday at midday. Indeed, it is the time when the changing of the guard on the Red Square takes place. Tourists attending this ceremony then head up to museums where lines quickly become very long.
- It also means that Saturdays, the 10 a.m. and 2:30 p.m. visit sessions are complete, while the 12 a.m. session is very small, since tourists are assisting to the changing of the guard.
- Finally, be aware that the site is always crowded during school holidays and public holidays.
How is a visit to the Armory Chamber?
- It takes about 1 hour and a half to visit the Moscow Armory chamber. Several visit sessions are held daily: 10 a.m., noon, 2:30 p.m. and 4:30 p.m.
- If you have not booked your ticket on the Internet before your visit, go to the counter about 45 minutes before the start of the next visit session. Please, note that it is not possible to buy tickets in advance at the box office. Each sale is held for the upcoming session.
How to make the most of your visit?
- Audio guides are available in Russian, English, German, French, Spanish and Italian.
- A mobile application is also available for download. It is called Armory and can be downloaded on mobile and tablet.
- Fixed touch pads are available in several rooms of the museum.
- Please note that it is forbidden to take videos and pictures inside the Armory Chamber.
- It is also forbidden to come to the Kremlin with animals, two-wheeled vehicles (scooter, bicycle, etc.) and suitcases or large bags. Only strollers are allowed.
- Here are the different categories of tickets that you can buy at the Armory chamber counter:
- Adult ticket: 1000 rubles
- Reduction ticket: 500 rubles
- Family ticket: 500 rubles per person
- Discount tickets are valid for students, schoolchildren and retirees
- The family ticket is intended for a family from 2 adults and 2 children under 16 years old. This ticket is valid on weekends and public holidays only.
- Persons with disabilities, large families, children under 16 and clergy persons are eligible for free admission.
- If you purchase your ticket on the Kremlin website, you will get it at the single rate of 1000 rubles (14 euros). You will receive a voucher by e-mail which will be exchanged by an entrance ticket at the ticket office n° 12 or 13.
- The Armory Museum is closed on Thursdays
- From May 15 to September 30, the Armory Chamber and all the Kremlin Museums will be open on summer schedules. The museum is then be open from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. every day except Thursdays.
- From October 1 to May 15, the museum is open from 9:30 a.m. to 6 p.m. every day except Thursdays.
Access the Moscow Armory Chamber
- Visitors to the Armory Chamber enter through the Borovitski Gate.
- In addition to the waiting line at the ticket office, plan a little wait to enter the Kremlin territory through the Borovitski gate.
- The Armory Chamber entrance ticket is different from the Kremlin (Red Square and St Basil’s Cathedral). It is therefore forbidden to go from one to the other without a separate ticket.
The best times to visit Moscow
- The ideal time to travel to Moscow is from May to September.
- If you fear the cold, you should avoid at all costs the months of January and February when the temperatures drop drastically.
- Finally, know that the months of May, June and July are quite rainy.
Other high waiting lines places in Moscow
Here are two other places where we lead our ‘crowd investigations’, follow our tips:
- Since the Armory Chamber is located on the territory of the Kremlin, it would be a shame not to take advantage of it and wander around the famous Cathedrals’ Place and visit the magnificent St Basil’s Cathedral.
- Another emblematic tour of the Russian capital is the Lenin Mausoleum located on the iconic Red Square.