Make sure to buy your skip-the-line tickets online before your visit!
|Sat 23||Sun 24||Mon 25||Tue 26||Wed 27||Thu 28||Fri 01|
Tips for your visit
The Memorial of Caen is often overcrowded with tourist groups, especially in the morning: this museum is considered as an ideal starting point for a D-day sightseeing tour.
Considering the size of the entrance hall, big queues are not a problem (you can expect at worst 30 minutes), but once inside, it can easily be saturated. For the comfort of your visit, do the opposite and visit the Memorial of Caen in the afternoon after 3pm - there will be much less visitors.
The groups are more common on place from Monday to Friday, come on a weekend to avoid crowds.
Avoid visiting this museum in summer, when it’s at the busiest, but consider that there are also a lot - really a lot - of school groups in May. Avoid it as well if possible!
Careful: this Memorial is a very well documented museum, consider three or four hours to visit it.
Don’t forget your headphones, you can plug them on the audioguide. Considering the length of the visit, it’s convenient not having to hold it all the time.
Tips for a few days in Normandy
This page will give you many tips to avoid crowds in Normandy as well as crowd schedules for top tourist attractions in order to plan your visits.
- Full rate: 19,80 €
- Reduced rate (Children aged 10 up to 18, students, over 60s, etc.): 17 €
- Family Pass: 51 € (2 adults + at least 1 child aged between 10 and 25 years)
- Twin ticket (Access to the Mémorial de Caen museum and Arromanches 360 circular cinema): 22 €
- Triple offer (Access to the Mémorial de Caen museum, Arromanches 360 circular cinema and the Cité de la Mer): 30 €
- Children under 10: free
To check the conditions of reduced and free entry, click here.
- Audioguide : 4 € / person.
Photo credits: Engyles via Flickr (CC BY 2.0)
- From 24/01 to 03/02: from 9.30 am to 6 pm (closed on Mondays).
- From 04/02 to 04/11: from 9 am to 7 pm.
- From 05/11 to 31/12: from 9.30 am to 6 pm (closed on Mondays).
- Closed on 25/12.
- Annual closure for 3 weeks in January.
Caen Cedex 4
- By car: A13 from Paris, A84 from Rennes, then take Northbound ringroad, exit n°7.
- By bus: n°2 from the town centre.
- By train: Caen railway station.