Opening hours can vary and are subject to change without notice. Check them on the official website of Disneyland Paris prior to your visit.
Peak Times at Disneyland Paris
Some recent contributions of the community
Disneyland®-Paris|Officiel waited 25 minJournée VERT : la moyenne du temps d’attente pour accéder aux attractions entre 15mn et 25minutes-- about 15 hours
Disneyland®-Paris|Officiel waited 25 minJournée VERTE : la moyenne du temps d’attente pour accéder aux attractions entre 15mn et 25minutes-- 1 day
Disneyland®-Paris|Officiel waited 45 minJournée ORANGE : la moyenne du temps d’attente pour accéder aux attractions entre 35mn et 45minutes-- 3 days
Disneyland®-Paris|Officiel waited 25 minJournée VERT : la moyenne du temps d’attente pour accéder aux attractions entre 15mn et 25minutes ‼️ Pins Trading Day , des visiteurs en plus dans le Parc ‼️-- 4 days
Disneyland®-Paris|Officiel waited 25 minJournée VERTE : la moyenne du temps d’attente pour accéder aux attractions entre 15mn et 25minutes-- 6 days
Disneyland®-Paris|Officiel waited 25 minJournée VERTE : la moyenne du temps d’attente pour accéder aux attractions entre 15mn et 25minutes-- 7 days
Disneyland®-Paris|Officiel waited 25 minJournée VERT : la moyenne du temps d’attente pour accéder aux attractions entre 15mn et 25minutes -- 7 days
Disneyland®-Paris|Officiel waited 35 minJournée JAUNE : la moyenne du temps d’attente pour accéder aux attractions entre 25mn et 35minutes -- 8 days
Disneyland®-Paris|Officiel waited 45 minJournée ORANGE : la moyenne du temps d’attente pour accéder aux attractions entre 35mn et 45minutes -- 10 days
Disneyland®-Paris|Officiel waited 35 minJournée JAUNE : la moyenne du temps d’attente pour accéder aux attractions entre 25mn et 35minutes -- 12 days
Before your arrival
To avoid wasting time at the counters, the best solution is to buy your tickets online in advance on the internet, especially since they are generally less expensive than on-site. The prices are highly variable and depend on the date of your visit.
If you have to pass by the ticket counter, do so before 10:00am and give preference to the ticket counter of Walt Disney Studios, where you’ll wait less for the same service. From 10:00am, the queue for tickets rapidly grows to reach its peak around 11:00am to 11:30am.
- Some ticket offices are open from 8 AM until the park’s closing time. Other ticket offices open between 9.15 AM and 9.30 AM.
- From 10 AM, waiting lines at ticket offices become longer and reach their maximum between 11 AM and 11.30 AM.
- If you need to buy your ticket at a ticket office, do it before 10 AM and prefer ticket offices at the Walt Disney Studios Park where the line is shorter but the service the same.
- To avoid wasting time at the ticket office, the best solution is to buy your tickets online in advance. Plus they are even cheaper than on site. You can buy them here.
Tips for your visit
On days of late closing, waiting times are reduced significantly in the late afternoon.
During the parades, there are generally less people on the attractions and thus less waiting time, especially in Fantasyland. Cons, at the close of parades and fireworks, the attractions can be swamped with people in one foul swoop. Example : Rock’n roller Coaster avec Aerosmith after the Motor Action Stunt show.
Some attractions are not open all day, may have irregular hours or might be closed for repair. Make sure you have a look online before you head to the park, and always have a look at the boards next to the attractions themselves.
For families with children too young to go on the rides, the ‘baby swap’ system allows one person (or many) to go on the attraction, after queuing, whilst another looks after the child. The person who has looked after the child is then able to go on the attraction without queuing. Simply register at the desk of the attraction.
Disneyland Paris Abbreviations
If you search the Internet for things about Disneyland Paris, you will quickly notice that the park’s experts keep using a lot of abbreviations, not very understandable for everyone. Here is a list of vocabulary with commonly used abbreviations:
- 1-0-1 (One O One) : the attraction is out of order
- 1-0-2 (One O Two) : the attraction is back into service
- Backdoor : VIP entrance
- BLLB, Buzz : Buzz Lightyear Laser Blast attraction
- BTM : Big Thunder Mountain
- CC : Crush’s Coaster
- CM (Cast Member) : Disneyland employees
- DLP : Disneyland Paris
- DLRP : Disneyland Resort Paris
- DMOP : Disney Magic On Parade
- HISTA : Honey, I Shrunk The Audience
- HSM : High School Musical
- IASW : “It’s a small world” attraction
- IJTP : Indiana Jones et le Temple du Péril
- PM : Phantom Manor
- POTC : Pirates of the Caribbean
- RATTR : Ratatouille
- RNRC : Rock’N’Roller Coaster
- SMM2, SM2, SM : Space Mountain
- ST : Star Tour
- TOT : Tower of Terror
- TSPD : Toy Story Parachute Drop
- TSPL : Toy Story Playland
- VdE : Val d’Europe
Line-Free Paris Guide
Download our guide for free to avoid waiting lines in the 20 most popular tourist attractions in Paris.
Tips regarding opening and closing times
- Whilst officially the parks open at 10:00am, the turnstiles open from 9:30am, the attractions start from 10:00am. This half an hour can be used to enjoy the parks crowd free and allow you to be first in the queue for the major rides. Keen!
- The parks closure corresponds with the ticket counters, the turnstiles and of course access to attractions. Certain shows and firework displays are programmed post closing time. To able to enjoy these, you must be within the park before the turnstiles are shut. Certain shops on Main Street USA (Disneyland) and on the ‘Front Lot’ (Walt Disney Studios) also stay open post closing time, and thus you can do your last minute shopping… at the last minute.
- Concerning restaurants, it is best to book by calling the reservation center +33 1 60 30 40 50 if you would like to dine in a restaurant or hotel.
- To make the magic last a bit longer, you can book a dinner in one of the Disney Village restaurants or in one of the Disney hotels (you can do it even if you don’t stay at that hotel).
- You can also opt for a drink in a hotel bar before heading back to Paris.
- If you want to eat fast food in Disneyland, do not go between the 12:00-14:00 peak hours.
New attractions are equipped with the Fastpass system that allows you to use your entry ticket to get a an allocated time for a particular ride, and normally without queueing at all. Warning, there is a quota of Fastpasses issued per day. Some Fastpasses tickets may be unavailable in the early afternoon for some popular attractions like Peter Pan ‘s Flight and Big Thunder Mountain. Here are the available attractions:
- Big Thunder Mountain (Frontierland)
- Indiana Jones and the Temple of Peril (Adventureland),
- Peter Pan’s Flight (Fantasyland),
- Star Tours (Discoveryland) - attraction closed until March 2017
- Space Mountain: Mission 2 (Discoveryland) - attraction closed until May 2017
- Buzz Lightyear Laser Blast (Discoveryland).
Walt Disney Studios:
- Rock’n’Roller Coaster with Aerosmith (Backlot),
- The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror (Production Courtyard),
- Flying Carpets Over Agrabah (Toon Studio),
Please note that the attraction “Pirates of the Caribbean” will be closed until summer 2017.
The Crush’s Coaster attraction located in the Walt Disney Studios Park is the exception to the rule. It does not benefit from the system and the wait can sometimes reach 90 to 120 minutes. It is therefore advisable to go on the ride when it opens in the morning.
Tips for those staying at Disney hotels
Extra Magic Hours
If you have an ‘Annual Dream Pass’ or you’re staying at a Disney hotel, you can take advantage of Extra Magic Hours (Check here if they are applicable on the day of your visit). It allows you to access the Disneyland Park at 8 am (or 2 hours before the usual opening ). Just go to the park entrance with your Disney Hotel Easy Pass.
Disney Express service
If you want to come by train and have booked a Disney hotel, you can get the Disney Express service. This service will help if you’re pushed for time. Collect your tickets, drop your bags at the station without the need to check in at the hotel first.
The ticket prices for Disneyland vary depending on:
The more it seems to be crowded, the more expensive your ticket will be. You can consult the calendar of MINI, MAGIC et SUPER MAGIC days here.
If you buy the ticket for 1 or 2 parks:
The ticket giving you possibility to enter 2 parks the same day will cost more than the ticket for 1 park (about a 15€ extra per ticket).
Children under 11 years can benefit from reduced entrance fees (saving of about 6€ per ticket).
Crowd estimations for school holidays periods in Disneyland:
- Christmas holidays is the busiest period of the year.
- Besides the summer holidays, the autumn break (Halloween & All Saints) is also very busy.
- Prefer to visit during winter (after Christmas) or Easter holidays if you’re only able to come to Disneyland during the school holidays.
Estimated Waiting Time
These estimates represent a trend, the peak may vary from day to day (depending on the weather, for example).
Per Day Calm : 0 to 15 minutes for very popular attractions ; 0 to 5 minutes for others.
Per Day Medium : 15 to 45 minutes for very popular attractions ; 0-15 minutes for the others.
Per Day Busy : 45 to 90 minutes for very poular attractions ; 15 to 30 minutes for the others.
Per Day Very Busy : 1 to 2 hours for very popular attractions ; 45 to 60 minutes for the rest.
Very popular attractions : Big Thunder Mountain, Peter Pan’s Flight, Rock’n’roller Coaster, Star Tours, Tower of Terror etc.
Other attractions : Pirates of the Caribbean, Phantom Manor, Armageddon etc.
iPhone / Android Apps
Crowds in Paris
Want more tips? We have plenty of them for major Parisian museums and tourist attractions!
Check this article to know where you risk to spend a couple of hours queueing in Paris and how to avoid it, or just choose a site below, which you plan to visit during your trip to France:
- Orsay Museum
- Eiffel Tower
- Palace of Versailles
- Sainte Chapelle
- Notre-Dame de Paris
- Arc de Triomphe
Is there another place of museum that should be on this list? Tell us, we’ll do our best to add it!
Fancy a private guide that will allow you to skip ALL waiting lines for a day? Disneyland Paris offers the services of a VIP Guide, at the price of €1400 for 5h. Too short? 280€ per extra hour.
Location of Disneyland Paris
Marne-la-Vallée cedex 4
By RER: take the line RER A (Red) in the direction of Marne-la-Vallée and leave the train at the last station. The journey will take approximately 35-40 minutes.
By bus: there’s a shuttle bus Disneyland Express leaving from Paris every day. With stops at Gare du Nord (8:30), Opéra (8:40), Madeleine (8:50), Châtelet (9:00) it arrives at Disneyland by 10am and leaves back for Paris at 8pm. Click here for more details.
From the airport: Direct and regular shuttle buses link Paris Charles de Gaulle and Orly airports with the Disney Hotels (the route takes approximately 45 minutes). A shuttle bus also runs to and from Beauvais airport (approximately 2.5 hours). Think of booking your place in advance.
By train: A high-speed train offers a direct connection between Charles de Gaulle Airport Terminal 2 and the Disneyland Paris park gates in less than 12 minutes. The station is Marne-la-Vallée / Chessy.